A sense of the past
Visit Jerusalem Mill Village during the weekends to get a sense of daily life from the 1770s, when David Lee and Isaiah Linton opened the gristmill, through the 1930s, when Samuel O. McCourtney ran a thriving General Store on the opposite side of Jerusalem Road.
Blacksmith Shop, and Visitor Center is open on Saturdays and Sundays, see our EVENT page for a current schedule.
On Sunday afternoons, interpreters in the buildings behind the gristmill demonstrate woodworking, hearth and open fire cooking, gardening, sewing, and other activities essential to daily life in times past.
Gift Shop and McCourtney’s General Store Museum
Our Gift Shop is a great place to shop for unique, reasonably priced goods that include a few items made by our own crafters. The shop is located in the McCourtney General Store and is open on weekends from 1-4 p.m. and during special events. Stop in and browse–you’ll be glad you did!
Educational Field Trips
Educational field trips to Jerusalem Mill Village enhance the grade 4-12 social studies curriculum with hands-on and other history activities, and are just plain fun. Please contact the Education coordinator at 410-877-0080 to arrange a tour at reasonable per-person fees.
Our activities and events, as well as the beauty of the park itself, attract several thousand visitors annually. Check our Events page for special event scheduling and admission details.
Gunpowder Falls State Park hiking trails come through the village. Jerusalem Mill Village connects to miles of trails along the the Little Gunpowder River. Jerusalem Mill is the Gunpowder Falls State Park Headquarters.
In the Village, there is a 24-car hard-top visitor parking lot. Additionally, there are three visitor and two handicapped hard-top parking spaces in the circular driveway of the Mill Building.
Occasionally, such as for special events, we open grass fields for overflow parking. Horse trailers can park in the hard-top lot, when available, or may contact us to make arrangements for parking in one of the grass areas.
Vehicles parked on the side of the road on Jerusalem or Jericho Roads will be ticketed by DNR or local police. Park at your own risk in any of our lots.
2813 Jerusalem Road
Kingsville, MD 21087
* Take the Fallston/Joppatowne Exit 74.
* Travel north about 2 miles on Route 152 (Mountain Road) toward Fallston.
* Turn left onto Jerusalem Road, across from the Mountain Branch Golf Course.
* Travel west on Jerusalem Road about 1 mile to the Village.
From I-83 and I-70
* Take I-695 (Baltimore Beltway Inner Loop) toward Towson / I-95.
* Travel on I-695 to White Marsh Exit 31C, Route 43 South (left exit off Beltway).
* Take Route 43 (left ramp) for Belair Road NORTH.
* From ramp, bear right onto Belair Road (U.S. Route 1).
* Travel north through Perry Hall to Kingsville.
* When entering Kingsville, bear right onto Jerusalem Road, just before the traffic light at Bradshaw Road.
* Proceed about 2 miles to the Village.
From Bel Air
* Take US Route 1 South.
* Turn left onto Route 152.
* Travel south on Route 152 about 1.5 miles.
* Turn right onto Old Joppa Road at the traffic light.
* Travel 0.8 miles and turn right onto Jerusalem Road.
* Proceed 0.5 miles to the Village.